Summer Getaway on Whidbey Island's Salish Sea Sanctuary
Our Whidbey Island retreat offers forest solitude just minutes from Puget Sound's Salish Sea beaches and coastal towns. The cabin is located on five acres with a vernal pond and fir, cedar, and alder trees.
The island rental is one bedroom plus loft with high ceilings and skylight, which comfortably sleeps 2-4. Full kitchen, one bath, a front deck, and backyard fire pit. Wifi too.
We’re on five acres just outside the town of Freeland. There are walks out the front door. Nearby towns include Bayview Corner and Langley, and then to the north is historic Coupeville, which is near the Port Townsend ferry if you want to visit the Olympic Peninsula.
To reach the island, you catch the ferry boat at Mukilteo, which is a half hour from Seattle (with little traffic).
We have suggestions for great dining, hiking, and other activities. We’re open to hosting dogs, let us know about yours.
We prefer a minimum two-night stay and you will too as there’s so much to see and do!
Our summer 2017 rate is $105/night.
We also offer a monthly rate, please email for more info.
For more information including available dates, please email Susan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's some articles on things to see and do:
• Zagat guide to dining on Whidbey Island: https://www.zagat.com/b/6-delicious-reasons-to-drive-to-whidbey-island
• Whidbey Life magazine: https://www.whidbeylifemagazine.org
• Ebey's Landing National Historic Reserve: https://www.nps.gov/ebla/index.htm
• Whidbey Island Arts Council: http://www.islandartscouncil.org
• Deception Pass Park: http://parks.state.wa.us/497/Deception-Pass
• Port Townsend on Olympic Peninsula is a ferry ride away: http://enjoypt.com
• Farm Markets & Stands: http://whidbeycamanoislands.com/things-to-do/food-wine/farmers-markets-farm-stands-and-farms/?utm_content=bufferedc3f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer